Bainton is a village and civil parish in the City of Peterborough unitary authority in Cambridgeshire, England. It lies between Peterborough and Stamford.
Ashton is a neighboring hamlet included in the civil parish. At the time of the 2011 census, the parish’s population was 305 people.
The medieval village cross is Grade 1 listed. The parish church built in the 10th century is dedicated to St Mary and includes a monument of 1805 by Sir Richard Westmacott.
Bainton House is a Grade II listed manor house dating back to the 16th century, which was previously the home of the Birkbeck family.
From the 2011 national census:
Bainton and Ashton together total 290 residents occupying 119 dwellings and covers an area of 704 hectares. This gives us a population density of 0.41 people per hectare as a comparison Bretton parish in Peterborough has a population of 12,445 giving a population density of 30.18 people per hectare. We are by anyone’s definition a rural community.