What does your council do?
Planning, highways, transport and traffic, community safety, housing, street lighting, allotments, cemeteries, playing fields, community centers, litter, war memorials, seats and shelters, rights of way – these are some of the issues that concern parish government.
Central Government is encouraging local councils to deliver more services and play a greater part in their communities.
- an evening bus taking people to the nearest town
- affordable housing to rent
- pond clearing
- redecorating the community center
- a teenagers’ drop-in club
- a summer festival
- equipment for a children’s activity group
- transport to hospital.
Projects like these may be a challenge and need hard work and commitment – but they are achievable.